- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or mix by hand with a wooden spoon.Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Avoid overmixing, as it can lead to tough cookies.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. You can use a cookie scoop or simply use your hands to shape the dough into balls.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. The centers may appear slightly undercooked, but they will firm up as the cookies cool.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool on it for a few minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat the baking process with the remaining dough until all the cookies are baked.
Pages: 1 2